2018.10 – Present Center for Open Intelligent Connectivity (OpInConnect) National Chiao Tung University (NCTU). Postdoctoral Researcher
2013.09 – 2018.07 State Key Laboratory of Networking and Switching Technology Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications (BUPT). Ph.D in Computer Science and Technology
2009.09 – 2013.07 School of Computer Science, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, Beijing, China. Bachelor’s Degree in Network Engineering
Service Computing, Cloud Computing, Mobile Edge Computing, Quality of Experience, Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence.
L. Zhang, K. Wu, T. Ke, Ch. Wang, Y. Tseng, “Demo: A ROS-based Robot with Distributed Sensors for Seamless People Tracking”, in Proc. of the 25th annual international conference on Mobile computing and networking (MobiCom), 2019.
L. Van, Ch. Chuang, K. Tong, K. Wu, L. Zhang, Y. Tseng, “Demo: Tag IoT Data in a Drone View”, in Proc. of the 25th annual international conference on Mobile computing and networking (MobiCom), 2019.
L. Zhang, S. Wang, F. Yang, R. N. Chang. QCSS: A QoE-aware Control Plane for Adaptive Streaming Service over Mobile Edge Computing Infrastructures. Int'l Conf. Web Service, research track, pp. 139-146, 2018.
L. Zhang, S. Wang, R. K. Wong, F. Yang, R. N. Chang. Cognitively Adjusting Imprecise User Preferences for Service Selection. IEEE Trans. Network and Service Management, no. 3, vol. 14, pp. 717-729, 2017.
Lingyan Zhang, S. Wang, F. Yang, R. N. Chang. QoECenter: A Visual Platform for QoE Evaluation of Streaming Video Service. Int'l Conf. Web Service, research track, pp. 212-219, 2017.
L. Zhang, S. Wang, F. Yang. Towards User Quality of Experience and Selective Attention: A Subtitle-Based Measurement Study. Int'l Conf. Service Computing, pp.872-875, 2016.
L. Zhang, S. Wang, M. Yang, Y. Guo. Service Selection and Recommendation in Integrated Network Environment [M]. Book Chapter, IET Publisher, Stevenage, United Kingdom, 2017.
S. Wang, T. Lei, L. Zhang, C. H. Hsu, and F. Yang. Offloading Mobile Data Traffic for QoS-aware Service Provision in Vehicular Cyber-Physical Systems. Future Generation Computer Systems, vol. 61, pp. 118-127, 2016.
JJ. Wei, S. Wang, L. Zhang, A. Zhou, Q. Sun, F. Yang. Virtual Machine Placement to Minimize Data Transmission Latency in MapReduce. Journal of Internet Technology, 2015.
Q. Sun, L. Zhang, S. Wang. A Virtual Machine Deployment Solution: China, CN201510030371.9[P], 2015-01-21.
2018.10 – 2019.10 Using 5G Network for Future Smart Surveillance
• Direct the project (including organizing project schedule, studying related algorithms, supervising task completion, and demonstrating contributions).• Develop an aerial surveillance system with person identification ability in 5G environment (published in MobiCom 2019).
2018.10 – Present On Self-Maneuvered Patrolling Robots with Artificial Intelligence and Multi- Sensory Data Fusion Technology
• Direct the project.• Develop a RoS-based robot platform which enables the robot o track a specific person by fusing skeleton data and motion data (published in MobiCom 2019).• Develop an IoT-based object identification system based on a device management platform (IoTtalk) to manage, reconfigure, and reuse the IoT devices/applications.
2017.07 – 2017.09 Geospatial Information Analysis (IBM T.J. Watson Research Center)
• Provided extensible API for big data management and storage based on geospatial information analysis• Analyzed quality of service based on function and performance testing• Supervised progress completion and wrote project patents and papers
2015.10 – present QoE Platform for Streaming Video Services(http://www.qoecenter.com/lingyanzhang)
• Directed the project.• Provided source video classification, QoS realization of encoding and network transmission, and context-aware user experience data gathering and analysis• Implemented HTTP-based content control of dynamic adaptive streaming video service, DASH content generation, and MPD file generation
2016.01 – 2018.06Study on Quality of Selection Based on Mobile Internet
• Managed QoE of streaming video services under mobile edge environment• Designed an edge-cloud algorithm to guarantee overload balancing and quality efficiency improvement• Developed a bit-rate adaptive algorithm based on HTTP dynamic streaming videos to improve mobile terminal QoE
2015.01 – 2018.06Service Selection Mechanism in Converged Network Environment
• Directed the research on personalize service selection based on user preference• Led the research on service of cognition based on user historical data• Co-authored and published related surveys on the service selection and service recommendation
2014.01 – 2016.12Brain Mechanism for Risk Decision and Service Selection
• Directed the research on service selection, including managing the connection-oriented network service, analyzing the relationship of risk decision impact with QoE indices• Established a user-experience QoE model based on the brain cognition for achieving optimum service selection
2017.07-2017.09Intern in IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
• Participated in “Physical Analytics Integrated Data Repository and Services” project • Responsible for function and performance testing, API simplification and performance improvement• Wrote project patents and papers from the perspective of service computing
2014.08-2014.09Intern in China Mobile
• participated in content production, market research, and event planning of campus publicity and brand promotion activities• Accomplished campus promotion activities in Beijing Language and Culture University and won the best performance award
2012.07-2012.12Intern in Sina Weibo
• Participated in demand analysis, test cases and scenario design and run, test development platform management, test results summary, user feedback collection and organization• Accomplished four versions of Sina Weibo client with the demand analysis, test development and online feedback summary
2016.10 Services Society Scientist Young Forum Research Competition
• Designed and developed a QoE evaluation platform for streaming video services which had received over eight thousand visits from over 37 countries or regions in three months• Won the outstanding student award from Services Society Scientist Young Forum
2012.11National Undergraduate Innovation Project Competition
• Directed a four-person team, responsible for a mobile game program development on android via wireless technology• Won the national innovation award
2014.10 - 2018.06Reviewer of China Communications, IOV 2014, COLLABORATECOM 2016
Organizing Committee Member of IOV’ 14, ICCSA’ 16, COLLABORATE-COM’ 16
Publication Chair of IOV 2014, COLLABORATECOM 2016
2014 – 2017Best Graduate Student Award, BUPT
2014 – 2017Outstanding Student Cadre, BUPT
2010 – 2017Best Student Award, BUPT
2010 – 2017First-Class Scholarship, BUPT
2016Outstanding Graduate Student, State Key Laboratory
2016Outstanding Student Award, Services Society Scientist Young Forum
2012 – 2013National Innovation Award, BUPT
2010 – 2012Municipal Best Students Award, Education Commission of Beijing
Copyright © QoE Team of BUPT 2016-2017. All Rights Reserved